Nothing annoys the hell out of you more than your Linksys router login not working.
Lots of time this thing happens when your Linksys router login not working and you don’t know what to do?
Today in this Post we help you Troubleshoot Linksys router login problem. Make sure this is the perfect guide for you to get your Linksys wireless router working again with an easy and quick step.
First you need to understand that there could be multiple reasons that could prevent Linksys Router Login error. So, let’s first find out what could cause your Login error on Linksys router.
Why Linksys Router Login Not Working
Read the below reasons of Linksys Router Login Page Not Working:
- May be hardwired connection configuration issue (such as a bad Ethernet cable)
- Might be entering the wrong IP address
- Due to IP address issue on the Computer
- Entering incorrect Username or Password
- A problem with the wireless router itself
- Your Linksys Router Has Lost Internet Connectivity From Modem.
- Due to overheating of Linksys Wi-Fi router.
- You are using outdated and corrupted firmware of Linksys router
- Recent settings override
- Wrong cable connection, firewall or antivirus software blocking internet
Make sure by reading the above steps you are able to understand the reason behind the problem. The fact is that if you understand the reason for the problem then you are able to solve your problem quickly.
Now, to start Linksys router troubleshooting you must follow the basic steps.
Hardware Connectivity issue
Before going to move technical stuff you must read the below simple and basic hardware troubleshooting steps and try to solve your issue as soon as possible.
Check your Power and your Cable
First and foremost, ensure that you are using a Computer that would be hardwired to the router directly.
- Make sure, the Ethernet or network cable is strongly snapped into the computer and into a numbered port on the back of the router.
- The most easy and simple fix for internet connectivity issues is performing a power cycle. Power cycling refers to removing the power from the router, waiting till 2 to 3 seconds, and then plugging the power back in the power outlet. To do this, just unplug your router from the wall, wait till 30 seconds, and plug your router back in.
In case you are facing Linksys Router Internet connection dropped then, Click here to read- “Linksys Router Internet connection dropping” Problem.
Check the LED Light to Rectify Linksys Router Login Error
If your Linksys router is working properly then, you should be getting some lights on the front of the router otherwise you may be looking at an electrical outlet problem or a burnt out router.
In case you are unable to find the LED on the computer end of the cable, do the following.
No LED light Spot on the Computer end of the Cable
- First, try each numbered spot, and then, if that doesn’t work, try another cable, flip-flopping the cord so that the Computer end goes in the router and the router end goes into the Computer. After doing this, if you have seen, where one end will make a connection in one device but not another.
Still not find LED light
Make sure, there is more than one Ethernet connection on the Computer. Often desktop Computers may have two network cards installed, the one combined on the motherboard and one that is or was an upgrade to the onboard connection. If so, try another connection.
If your Linksys router login error still not solved or given an issue with your Login with Linksys router. Move ahead and read further-
Technical Connectivity Issue
Now, try these steps and try to solve your issue, follow the below steps carefully:
Incorrectly Entering the Router’s IP Address
This is the most common mistake, not only is correctly entering the router’s IP address vital but where you enter the IP address is equally very important.
Most of the Linksys routers mainly depend on the brand, use either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Try both of these IP. If one does not work then, the odds are the other will.
So, Entering the Correct IP Address, you can also use http://my-routerlocal.net/ for login to your Linksys router.
Next, Make sure that you are not entering the IP Address Incorrectly.
Example below, these passwords not working or incorrect
Also, it is not essential to put the http:// or https:// in front of the numbers. For example: http://192.168.1.1
Entering http:// is fine if typed correctly, but just keeps it simple; just entering the IP address (Just numbers and dots). Actually, the browser automatically adds the http:// portion to the beginning after you press Enter.
Type in a Browser Bar- Not in a Search Bar
Make sure you are not entering the IP Address in a search engine or not in a search toolbar. You need to type IP address in the address bar at the top only, not any other toolbar.
Using an Incorrect Username and Password
If you are making a mistake or you are facing an issue to the router’s login page then make sure you are using incorrect and wrong credentials for Login your Linksys Router. Check out again Login credential and type correct username and password and try to login again with the http://my-routerlocal.net/)
Hopefully, by doing the above steps, you can easily resolve your issue on your own.