Stuck with Linksys Router keep losing internet connection?
Linksys Router is the most popular Router; usually this router is more famous for the smooth video streaming and fast connection speed in sharing networks.
But sometimes users face Linksys router keep losing internet connection issues, they are not getting network in streaming way, means Linksys Router Keep Losing Internet Connection time by time and not getting proper streaming connection.
Is your Linksys Router dropping Internet connection unexpectedly?
Don’t need to worry about, when your internet connection loses again and again because , here we’re going to teach you some troubleshooting tips, that should get your router connection back up and running — because we all know very well how annoying it can be if your Linksys Router internet keeps dropping.
Some Major Factors- Why Linksys Router Keep Losing Internet Connection
There are various factors that cause irregular or dropping your internet connection between your Linksys Router and your Computer. The following is a list of the most common reasons related to dropping internet connection:
- Signal quality is very low received from your wireless router.
- The Size of MTU network is not determined properly
- Getting low network signals from your router.
- A network Frequency interference from another devices
- A physical obstructions create a problem
- Mismatch router and adapter setting
- A computer drivers need to update
- Power outage is the more big reason
- Computer firmware need update
- Wi-fi username and password might be wrong. Try Linksys Router Login with accurate username and password.
Read the above reason carefully and keep in your mind every step and check accordingly, if your Linksys router drops the internet connection.
If you want to increase your Router Signals and you are using extender. While using Router Extender you are facing D-Link Wi-Fi extenders DAP- 1650 Problem. Click on Link “How to Fix D-Link Wi-Fi Extender DAP -1650 Problem?” get the solution.
Let’s shows to you below- how troubleshoot internet connection dropping problem
First you just try to fix this issue with Reset Router.
How to Reset Linksys Router?
In Case you don’t know how to reset the router then, read the below steps and follow as it is and try to reset your router. And fix your issue as soon as possible.
- The First step is to press and hold the reset button.
- Next, release the reset button after the modem lights start flickering (10 to 15 seconds).
- Wait till 3 to 5 minutes for the Internet light to turn green.
- When the green light blinks then, try to connect to the Internet again and try Linksys Router Setup again.
Most probably, you can fix your router issue with the above steps and get back your internet connection.
In case your issue didn’t resolve by resetting then proceed to more potential solutions below.
Troubleshooting Steps- Linksys Router Internet Connection Problem
To start the process, first you need to check your network connection stability. If your network is stable then no need to adopt the below solutions, else you can go with step by step instructions.
Solution 1- Adjusting Your Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) Size
Maximum Transmission size plays a very important role in high speed connectivity. Generally, the maximum transmission unit (MTU) Size specifies that the largest packet size is permitted in the internet transmission.
So, first you must determine the proper size of your Maximum transmission Unit that is very important to get the most efficient output for your network.
Solution2- Change your Router’s Channel if Linksys Router Keep Losing Internet Connection
Router channel is very important, if your router channel is not set on proper channel then, you can face the problem. Try to change your router’s channel and fix your issue within one step.
Do the below steps:
- First, access the Linksys Router Setup web-based page by launching a Web Browser and entering 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar.
- After that, click the Wireless tab.
- Go to the Basic Wireless Settings ->> select Manual.
- Now, click on the drop-down arrow for Channel.
- You may select your preferred channel and change your router’s channel from 6 to 1 or 11.
- After changing the channel, don’t forget to click Save Settings.
- Finally, restart the wireless computer and check internet connection.
Solution3- Reducing Wireless Interference
In case you are troubling with the disconnection from your wireless network frequently, you need to check the below steps that affect your wireless network signals.
2.4 GHZ Interference: Maybe you and some other home held the same frequency network using. If your router is using 2.4 GHz frequency and your cordless phone is also using 2.4 GHz frequency. Then, you need to change your router signals 1 or 11 (Default router signal is 6) which is measured as non-overlapping channels. By changing router signals, you need to restart your wireless signals.
Physical obstructions- Your Linksys router and wireless signals might be losing internet connection due to problems like suppose you have put your Linksys router at an exact place or in one room and you are sitting and using the internet in another room.
Solution 4 – Make Sure that your Router is Running on the Latest Firmware
You must upgrade your Linksys router firmware if you are facing internet loss. Suppose you are not using upgraded firmware then, your Linksys router not having an accurate file for better transmission.
If the wireless connection gets interrupted even after performing all the above steps carefully, there’s one other thing to consider. Without further ado, it’s time to double-check the Linksys router’s firmware.
Solution 5- Give your Router’s Wi-Fi a Unique SSID
Move further with the below steps and give your Linksys router unique Wi-Fi SSID and try to fix issue:
- First, access the Linksys Router’s setup web-page.
- When the Linksys router’s web-based setup page opens, click on Wireless.
- Follow this path Wireless -> Basic Wireless Settings page.
- Select Manual from the list.
- Now, look for Network Name (SSID) and change it to your preferred name.
- Click on Save to save changes.
I hope above mentioned troubleshoot definitely will help you to fox Linksys Router keep losing internet connection problem.
For the more Linksys router troubleshooting visit troubleshooting section or contact experts @ 877-372-5666